Sign-up to receive tips, news and updates.
Consumers and purchasers of business-to-business (B2B) products and services have taken control of the information gathering and buying process. They are utilizing searches and social media to explore product options, find reviews, and locate peer-to-peer recommendations. With this empowerment, buyers are less tolerant of interruptions from sales calls, unwanted emails, and TV ads. In fact, most have become increasingly adept at thwarting the efforts of telemarketers, spammers, and advertisers.
So what do buyers want from product and services providers? Simply put, they want relevant and valuable information to help them in their information gathering process. Smart marketers are responding to this trend by shifting their marketing focus to provide buyers with valuable and helpful content via their website, blog, and social media platforms.
Online Marketing: The Three Pillars
How will marketers generate leads while providing helpful information to buyers? Online marketing lead generation is based on three core practices:
- Designing and maintaining a search engine optimized (SEO) website that acts as a hub, or central point, for lead generation
- Enriching a blog with relevant content that is helpful to your audience
- Developing social media channels that extend your reach
Our Online Marketing Service Include:
- SEO-friendly website design
- On-page SEO
- Website traffic analysis
- Keyword research
- Website audits
- Social media channel development
- Content development, including case studies, press releases, and articles
- Digital content development, including graphic design, photography, and video production management
Content Marketing: An Essential Part of Online Marketing
According to the Content Marketing Institute, “Content marketing is the art of communicating with your customers and prospects without selling…. Instead of pitching your products or services, you are delivering information that makes your buyer more intelligent.” Content marketing creates alluring levels of seduction that naturally draw a prospect to your brand and to your products or services. At its core, content marketing ascribes to the core premise of online/inbound marketing: people value personalized, relevant content, and connections, as opposed to traditional interruptive messages.
The Content Marketing Arms Race
Today, every business is in a content arms race, whether it knows it or not. Companies that regularly post and optimize relevant and authoritative content to their blog and social media channels get better organic search results. Are you getting the search results that will keep you competitive? B2B buyers search online for the products and services they need. According to the 2014 State of B2B Procurement study from the Acquity Group, 94% of business buyers do some form of online research that includes:
- 77% use Google search
- 3% check business websites
- 34% visit third-party websites
- 41% read user reviews
Useful Stats About Content Marketing
- According to 37% of marketing managers, the most important way to engage customers is content-led websites. — The Content Marketing Institute
- Content marketers use unique visitors (88%), page views per visitor (76%), and total page views (71%) as their main metrics. — Econsultancy
- 80% of business decision-makers prefer to receive company information in a series of articles versus an advertisement. — The Content Marketing Institute
Contact us to find out how Go Launch Marketing can help you grow your business with online marketing programs.